Whither Krita?

Gaizka sinozzuke at gmail.com
Thu Sep 24 11:50:00 CEST 2009

"I didn't see a lot of direct answers to this question though --- what is
Krita's reason for being?   What will differentiate it from things like Gimp
or MyPaint. 5 years ago, there were a lot of gaps in the Gimp, and Krita
seemed targeted to fill those gaps."

I think there is no reason for differentiation. Many programs looks like
each other. Krita is a raster image manipulation software, very nice,
confortable, with a lot of options. I'm happy of get a QT program so
promising like Krita. For me, Gimp is great, but lucks in high and
proffesional image editing. The interface is unconfortable, confusing. Gimp
is like the defunct "image ready" graphics for web. It's image scaling is
awfull, lot of pluggins and effects works,but not efficiently. For me is a
mess (and is like a toy may be).
Think Krita must be a raster image program well designed, and proffesional
for real work, in pre-press, in web, in post-production and in photography
retouching, not forgetting than amazing brush tools for matte paiting
artists :)