Whither Krita?

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Sep 21 17:56:57 CEST 2009

Dmitry Kazakov wrote:
> I've thought about something like that for Krita recently. And i've got the
> following idea:
>
> All the actions on the image (except of painting) could be based on adj.
> layers. E.g. if you want to change the size of the image (or switch to a
> different colorspace), you can just add a proper layer into the stack.

I don't see how change size would be workable. If you mean free
transform within the canvas of a point on the layer stack (producing a
flattened output), that is one thing, but an actual 'resize image' must
affect all layers simultaneously and leave the layer stack unchanged.

I like 'change color space' as a filter, though if you recall [1] there
is already use cases for being able to do that sort of thing within a
filter.

1: http://wiki.koffice.org/index.php?title=Krita/High_dynamic_ran

> 3) A user will have a uniform interface(!) for all actions

Personally I prefer to keep filters and generators separate. Not only is
it useful code-wise, it has a meaningful distinction to the user.
(Remember, though, the only difference between filter and generator

--
Matthew
"[Microsoft has] the deepest of pockets, unlimited ambition, and they