Krita sprint

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Sun Sep 20 13:19:33 CEST 2009

Hi guys & gals!

I think that we've got enough momentum now that another Krita sprint makes a
lot of sense, so I would like to get together for two-three days. I want to
really plan this in time, because I really want Dmitry and Vera to come, and
that means visum applications. I haven't asked yet, but I'm confident that all
travel costs will be subsidized by the KDE e.V.

I am proposing Deventer as the location, because I've got a large kitchen
table and because Naomi has been nagging me about the next hackers meeting
because she wants to cook for you all. I will investigate hotels, too, though
we have crash space for about five people (and a separate floor & bathroom for
female attendants :-).

Since we need a long time just to plan the date and attendance it's hard to
determine a topic already, but performance hacking could be one, or gui design
or anything else. The provision slogan is: "Making Krita ready for world
domination by 2.2!"

November is already taken by the KOffice sprint. If we want a really long
sprint, the week after Christmas might be nice, but I guess most people have
plans for that period. January and Februari would be ok, too, but I think
March would be a bit late. Please speak up about preferences, and I will set
up a doodle!

And then -- let's get together!