Whither Krita?

Thomas Zander zander at kde.org
Wed Sep 16 19:42:49 CEST 2009

On Wednesday 16. September 2009 19.11.58 Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> On Wednesday 16 September 2009, Thomas Zander wrote:
> > you can have configurability without the actions.
> > I think it would be a good idea to have a (koffice wide?) GUI that
> > allows the setting/getting of the configuration keys.
> > The KoToolFactory::setShortcut(const KShortcut & shortcut)
> > would have to be made public, but it should be pretty trivial to make a
> >  nice GUI that finds all the tool factories and shows their shortcuts,
> >  allowing the user to change them.
>
> Just so I am clear on this: this would make it possible to set shortcuts
> on actions that the tool creates, right?

I guess you could include those.  But you are aware, I assume, that those
are already configurable in the krita -> settings -> configure shortcuts

> So our freehand tool could have
> a shortcut to increase the brush size, decrease it and so on, it's not
> just about configuring the shortcut to activate a tool.

KoTool has public API to accessing those actions. But there is one tool per
canvas, per input device. This extra feature would make it all a bit more
complex, but not much.
My initial point was purely about configuring the shortcut to activate a
tool. Which is imposible right now.  The extra feature you specify here is
already possible to configure, but from a UI point of view would be great to
include too.
Lets take one step at a time.

>> Anyone up for mentoring that?
>
>I can always try...

Great, maybe you can add this to the JJ page on the wiki? Perhaps even
making a wishlist report for it on bugs.kde.org?
--
Thomas Zander