Whither Krita?

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Wed Sep 16 15:13:50 CEST 2009

On Wed, 16 Sep 2009, Cyrille Berger wrote:

> Yes that's a problem, we can't associate Q/KAction to tools since then that
> means you can't type a text in a text shape (if you have single letters
> associated to tool). So we would need a way to insert the tools in the
> shortcuts editor (this probably needs change in KShortcutsDialog).

If we don't use QAction/KAction, but make the freehand tool react directly
to single letter commands we should be able to gain a lot. Like:

 * switch zoom level
 * switch to panning
 * change parameters in the paintop
        * size
        * brush
 * change opacity

etc.

As with so many things, I started working on that, but then something else
suddenly had urgency and I dropped it :-(.

Boudewijn