Whither Krita?

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Tue Sep 15 22:53:06 CEST 2009

On Tuesday 15 September 2009, Cyrille Berger wrote:

> To be honest, my model application has always be my first love (well my
>  second one, but deluxe paint [1] isn't exactly a model for a modern app ;)

No need to be shy about :-)

>  ) jasc's paintshop (never used it since it was bought by Corel). And
>  especially it's hability to mix vectors with pixels, and now we have that
>  !

I tried wonderbrush today, on the alpha release of Haiku. They really nailed
that, too.

> Like Dmitry, I started with Krita because I didn't like Gimp UI, and I
>  don't know (nor like) how to write code in C... And I keep going on now,
>  because I want to have fun with images, and with algorithms around images
>  :)

That's clear.

> > It also makes sense to identify the really big problems in Krita, both in
> > relation to that vision (so that will have to wait) and problems we know
> > about right now, like:

Ah, edit error on my part.

> What kind of problems ? Bugs or features that don't fill the vision ?

Well, the things I mentioned in my mail today. Features that don't fit the
vision, or are missing for implementing the vision, are hard to define right
now, since we do not really have a vision.