Yet another bug. This time filters vs selections

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Sep 15 22:11:59 CEST 2009

Dmitry Kazakov wrote:
> Again. That is a binary transparency iteration that is not good itself. We
> need a full-featured transparency with 256 levels of transparency.

At risk of a dumb question, something I am wondering from this and the
other recent thread (embedded transparency)... why 256 levels? That's
fine for 8-bits/channel color spaces, but will selection and masks never
support 16-bit?

--
Matthew
You're on your own for the pony. -- Richard Hughes, on feature requests