Whither Krita?

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Sep 15 18:27:19 CEST 2009

Cyrille Berger wrote:
> On Monday 14 September 2009, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
>> > I could use an HDR process program. Right now I use rawstudio for raw
>> > processing, and have no functional multi-image HDR process. (So far I
>> > haven't seen satisfactory results from any of qtpfsgui's mapping modes;
>> > what I think I really need is rather to be able to composite multiple
>> > tone-mapped raws.) I looked at cinepaint for this but it was buggy (and
>> > doesn't import raw directly). IOW, see [1] and [2].
>
> Most of [2] is already available. [1] is still mostly TODO.

Apply filters to only one channel (even a channel from a colorspace
other than what is otherwise being used)? Transfer channels (likewise
arbitrary channels)? Clone layer stack?

(I'd check but I have no krita right now; in the middle of a scratch build.)

...And, of course, ability to handle ~12 MP image with multiple layers :-).

>> I'd also like to see generators take off in a big way ([3]). Yeah, I
>> know, I seem to be the only one interested (I suppose noise never became
>> a generator, and even solid does not seem to work... well, at all :-( )
>> and I don't really have big enough blocks of time to sit down and much
>> with them.
> If you have OpenShiva you get a lot more of thoses, not counting it's way
> easier (</personal opinion>) to add new generators that way.

I don't see them in krita, or in krita/plugins/generators?

(Also, I am stuck on OpenGTL 0.9.9 due to the llvm assert thing - though
maybe that means my OpenGTL is just plain broken? - until I am able to
upgrade to Fedora 12 (which isn't released yet).)

--
Matthew
You're on your own for the pony. -- Richard Hughes, on feature requests