Yet another bug. This time filters vs selections

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Wed Sep 9 21:22:27 CEST 2009

On Wednesday 09 September 2009, Dmitry Kazakov wrote:

> Ideally, we should free filters from doing this dirty work. Selections
> should be our internal routine... Ideally...
> Another question - how to implement it?

Historically, selections were part of a paint device. When we decided that
that was a Bad Thing, it became necessary to pass selections to interested
routines. The only way to make filters work without an explicit selection
parameter is to copy the data before passing it to a filter and then blitting
it back with the selection set on the painter. I don't think that's worth it:
let's just fix the filters.