Tool overlay and cursor shapes

Dmitry Kazakov dimula73 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 6 11:16:56 CEST 2009

On Sun, Sep 6, 2009 at 1:06 PM, Cyrille Berger <cberger at cberger.net> wrote:

> On Sunday 06 September 2009, Dmitry Kazakov wrote:
> > Of course the last word is for Boudewijn, but i vote for joining
> prescaled
> > projection's buffer and canvas' one. This will lead to some changes in
> > canvas architecture, but it'll create really good, clear, easy to
> > understand system.
> Yes but not for 2.1.

I agree.

> > > since xor is ugly as well...
> >
> > For me Xor is not so ugly as two pixel heavy lines.
> Well, I think this one is rather nice http://imagebin.ca/view/sGPG5uH.html, and we can iterate over it to make it looks even better.
>

> > More than that, this is the way other editors work.
> It's not really a valid argument. It's not because other editors do
> something that is the best solution, and shouldn't prevent us to innovate.

I agree, that we should invent something from time to time, but 3px line is
not a good solution as it can't (or is very difficult to) be drawn
precisely.

Usecase: You want do draw a 3-line border (footer) to your photo (painting,
logo...). E.g. the border should consist of 3 lines (white, blue, red, e.g.)
The width of every line is 1px. The space between them is 1px. Of course for
logo it's better to use Karbon, but we'll assume raster. It'll be easier to
position with a mouse 1px line than 3px line.

--
Dmitry Kazakov