Krita useable for Blender movies

Bart Coppens kde at bartcoppens.be
Fri Oct 23 22:10:14 CEST 2009

On Friday 23 October 2009, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> Depends a bit on which tile engine you're talking about -- the currently
> active one has that nasty lock that kicks in whenever a tile is accessed.
> This effectively serializes everything in Krita -- see the mutrace output I
> posted a while ago. The second one doesn't support swapping, so it's not
> comparable.
Hmmmm I feel like I should nuance this a tiny bit. Yes, there is a big lock.
Yes, it has a lot of contention. But, it only serializes the tile management
(creating new tile info, swapping data to/from disk, etc.), not actual data
processing. I'd say the most contention you get currently is due to the fact
that it also locks during swapping, not because of serializing tile data
accesses globally or so.

Bart