A couple of problems using Krita

David wizzardx at gmail.com
Tue Jun 9 12:07:32 CEST 2009

Hi there.

Sorry if this is the wrong list, I couldn't find a krita users mailinglist.

I want to use Krita instead of Gimp for some editing, since Krita has
layer groups which I need at the moment (my current hack: Importing
images into Inkscape with pixel-level snapping, re-arranging and
grouping as needed, and then exporting images from Inkscape, which I
touch up with Gimp). However, there are two things about Krita which
bug me so far (I've used it very little). Perhaps someone could give
tips?

- Zooming in with the mouse wheel zoomz towards the center of the
screen, rather than towards the mouse pointer. This is annoying, I
have to go to the slider and drag it over the whole time.

- There doesn't seem to be a way to select layers by clicking on the
canvas. You have to find the layer in the layers list. This will be
painful when there are dozens of layers (eg: one per image being
worked with in the project, with lots of little images).

Any suggestions?

David.