Mipmapping for canvas. Ideas and comments.

Dmitry Kazakov dimula73 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 23 22:54:43 CEST 2009

>> Btw, Lukas, does openGL canvas do resampling in his own classes? Does
>> it use hardware acceleration for that?
> I must say that this is not my expertise and I don't see much into it.
> I suppose that the image is tiled to textures and then OpenGL handle
> scaling/resizing.
>
> And OpenGL can do it with hardware if hardware supports it.

I guess, it means that we can't add pyramid to krita/image. Right?

There is a start variant of pyramid based on paint devices in
attachment. What do you think of it?

PS:
I decided not to introduce a special paint device as in such a case we
won't be able to use KisImage's projection as a zoom-level-1 image.

--
Dmitry Kazakov