fake miniature filter

Lukast dev lukast.dev at gmail.com
Sun Jan 11 17:21:36 CET 2009

I do this to achieve the result which is quite a similar:
1. Open Image
2. Copy that layer
3. Blur the image with gaussian blur (let's take value 30 )
4. Add layer mask to blur layer layer (white - as full opacity)
5. Use gradient tool to make some gradient as needed
6. Tadaa

Is it that?
My result in attachment