30-bit displaying with Krita?

Adrian Page adrian at pagenet.plus.com
Tue Dec 29 14:01:27 CET 2009

On 29 Dec 2009, at 12:14PM, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:

> On Tuesday 29 December 2009, LukasT.dev at gmail.com wrote:
>>>
>>> Is that actually doable with QGlWidget? I've tried to find something in
>>> the Qt docs, but I cannot figure it out.
>>
>> Creating OpenGL rendering context with Qt is described here
>>
>> http://www.opengl.org/discussion_boards/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=
>
> That doesn't look too good...

I'm not sure why those examples are doing things at that low a level. Qt has a QGLFormat class that you can use to set the context format before it's created. That class includes options to set the red/green/blue channel sizes, which is what we'd want to change. See http://doc.trolltech.com/4.6/qglformat.html#setDefaultFormat.

Note that only graphics cards supporting 30-bit mode will allow you to create a 30-bit context, so this will be difficult to test.

Adrian