[GSoC proposal] Airbrush and Calligraphy paintops

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Mar 27 21:26:09 CET 2008

Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> On Thursday 27 March 2008, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
>
>> Something that we should eventually consider (maybe not for GSoC though,
>> i.e. I would suggest not worrying about it until everything else works)
>> is handling the 3d aspect of the canvas; height from deposited pigment,
>> and also texture of the canvas itself (actual canvas, various papers,
>> etc.). The airbrush can mostly ignore this, but bristle brushes, quills,
>> felt tips, etc should eventually account for it.
>
> We've already got experimental support for canvas height, adsorbency and paint
> deposit height in Krita -- there just isn't any paintop yet that uses it,
> because Emanuele spent way more time investigating color for his gsoc than
> planned :-)

Sweet :-). But the point was, I was suggesting getting the basics (where
the ink is applied, bleeding - I guess maybe that relates to absorbency,
so...) correct before worrying about how the pigment-height-on-canvas
changes things. I don't see a problem adding that after the other stuff
works, so I was trying to encourage Fela not to be freaked out by
everything we would like it to do eventually :-).

--
Matthew
That said, if this is coming out of your posterior then you should