Redirecting tablet/mouse event form KoCanvasControler to KoCanvasBase

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Mon Jul 28 15:27:22 CEST 2008

On Mon, 28 Jul 2008, Cyrille Berger wrote:

> Hum not really. The problem is that Krita's canvas is of limited size (unlike
> karbon), so when the cursor goes out, it doesn't receive anything anymore
> (which is a Qt bug when the strokes started inside the canvas). But if the
> user start its stroke out of the canvas, well obviously it doesn't receive
> events, and clearly, Qt isn't to blame in that case ;) Hence the idea of
> redirecting events that goes to the KoCanvasControler, when cursor is out of
> KoCanvasBase.

There is another solution possible, and one that will make a much-desired
feature possible: we can make the krita canvas of unlimited size with the
image projected onto it, but not in a separate canvas widget. If we do that, we
can also control the rotation of the canvas (which people with tablets
really want), I can reinstate my code where you could see which parts
of layers were moved outside the image boundaries. (Both features to be
implemented after 2.0 is released, of course!)

Boudewijn