noise generators (forked from: Krita user community?)

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Feb 27 00:36:01 CET 2008

Cyrille Berger wrote:
> On Tuesday 26 February 2008, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
>> Hmm... this is making me want to add an LMS color-reduction filter to
>> the TO-DO (or do we already have that ;-)?).
> No we don't have. We used to have a LMS color space which I was supposed to
> use for that kind of applications, but while I have some unfinished code for
> this filter somewhere on my computer, I never found the time to finish it,
> and the code is probably dead now, as is the LMS color space :/

Hmm... I have RGB<->LMS converters... converting to/from other color
spaces would be harder, though (but not much, assuming matrices are
available). Specifically, I was thinking of adding an LMS
channel-remover. Though, come to think of it, doing this as a generic
filter is probably better.

It'd be too bad though not being able to have dichromacy presets. What
are the chances of reviving LMS some time down the line?

--
Matthew
ENOCOFFEE: operator suffering from lack of sleep and/or early-morning-itis