Failing unittests

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Fri Sep 21 15:30:15 CEST 2007

Before I lost my computer I added quite a few unittests to Krita. Some of them
have always failed (because I couldn't fix the bug, or because they are not
implemented yet, but it's important that we would implement them). Others
have started to fail since then, I guess because people don't do a make test
before checking in.

Note that running make test only gives a global idea of which unittests
failed. If you want to investigate more closely, then going to the tests
build dir and starting the individual test gives a lot more information. And
unittests are ideal to use in gdb...

Anyway, I guess I'm the only one who knows what's what and what needs to be
done. To fix that, here's the current list of failures, with reasons:

KRITA/IMAGE

5 - krita-image-KisPaintDeviceTest (Failed)

- testColorSpaceConversion: new failure, due to changes in pigment:
ASSERT: "dynamic_cast<const KoLcmsInfo*>(srcColorSpace())" in
file /home/boud/kde/src/koffice/libs/pigment/KoLcmsColorSpace.cpp, line 38

- testPaintEngine: fails because of a bug in KisPaintEngine that should be
fixed. (look at the kis_paint_device_test_test_paintengine_qimage.png
and kis_paint_device_test_test_paintengine_result.png images to see the
difference)

- testSelection() Fails because we still need to implement good unittests for
the selection API of KisPaintDevice (if we don't remove that api completely)

7 - krita-image-KisImageTester (Failed)

- mergeTests() Fails because of bug 147193

12 - krita-image-KisPainterTest (Failed)

- testPaintDeviceBltMaskInverted(): this is a bug and should be solved, but I
haven't got a grip on what's happening here

15 - krita-image-SelectionTest (Failed)

- testSelectionActions()
- testInvertSelection()

I suspect that these two failures are cause by the same bug in KisPainter.
This needs to be investigated.

17 - krita-image-KisProjectionTest (SEGFAULT)

- testDirty: This one is bad: the segfault only sometimes happens
- stressTestDirty: this needs to be implemented, so it fails for now

KRITA/UI

1/  krita-ui-kis_node_model_test

This one consistently fails when run from make test, and succeeds when run on
its own; not sure what's going on here.

3/  krita-ui-kis_shape_controller_test

- testSetImage(): this is fall-out from my layers-to-nodes redesign. As soon
as I've repaired that, this will work again.

6/  krita-ui-kis_files_test

This does not fail per se, but we need to find a way to make the dialog boxes
not popup, for instance by not using the kofilter framework, but testing the
import/export classes directly.

Of course, we haven't got nearly enough unittests, but please, please, please,
run the ones we have before checking stuff in!