Texture Tile Iterator

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Mon Sep 10 08:04:53 CEST 2007

On Monday 10 September 2007 01:18, Tom Burdick wrote:
> When talking about using GLSL for filters its clear that there is a need to
> tile the image, with some padded region (convolution and such).
>
> Is there something in krita already that I can pass in a paintdevice and
> get back a texture iterator and reconstructor?
>
> So I want to:
> - iterate through a series of textures built from tiling the paintdevice.
> - create a new paint device and construct a new image based on the filtered
> textures I've rendered.
>
> Does this sound reasonable? Is there something in krita I can use already
> to do this or something to help doing it?

No, there's isn't anything ready-made. You also won't be able to use the
actual data from the tiles themselves, because you need padding. The best
thing you can do is write an iterator on top of KisPaintDevice::readBytes and
writeBytes (or the separated channel version, if that's handier) and use
that. That could be a pretty easy class to create.