Noob question: Building krita 2.0?

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Fri Sep 7 08:17:37 CEST 2007

On Friday 07 September 2007 06:11, Warren Baird wrote:
> So I started looking into how to build krita 2.0.   Is there a way to do
> it that doesn't involve first building kde4 and the rest of koffice 2.0?
>    I started going through the web page describing how to install kde4,
> and my eyes were hurting before I was 1/3 of the way through...
>
> Is there a way to get krita 2.0 going that doesn't involve a whole lot
> of manual configuration?   I'm afraid I don't have tonnes of spare time
> - I was kinda hoping it'd be something like "apt-get install <magic>"
> "tar tvjf krita-snapshot..."  "cmake krita..."    but I'm starting to
> think it may be a lot more painful than that...

Yes, it's quite painful at the moment -- it probably is possible to install
the beta2 packages + devel packages & download the source for the KOffice 2.0
alpha that was released with KDE 4.0 beta2. But you'll be the first who tries
to do development that way, which may be kinda painful, too.

The dependencies right now are (I think):

source:

qt-copy
kdesupport
kdelibs
kdepimlibs
koffice

apt-gettable & must-have:

lcms

optional:

boost
glpk (maybe this changed over the last week, I haven't got a development
machine at the moment)
libtiff, jpeg, png, openexr, opengl (optional)

Note that krita trunk is broken at the moment: I was in the middle of making
layers into nodes when I had to return my development machine. So if you're
just experimenting with algorithsm, by all means continue working on 1.6.
We'll help you port the stuff to trunk later on.