Krita and Version Control

Warren Baird photogeekmtl at gmail.com
Fri Sep 7 03:43:58 CEST 2007

Cyrille Berger wrote:
> On Wednesday 05 September 2007, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
>>> Pippin suggested aggressive caching, together with the possibility of
>>> letting certain pieces of cache 'expire' (since they can be regenerated
>>> anyway). Could be something to look into for me, if requested.
> Wouldn't "shared" tiles be enought ? That way a cloning of the KisPaintDevice
> would be fast enought and that would be enought to create a 'cache' ?

Not for my purposes --- a lot  of the changes I make are image-wide,
such as adjusting the opacity of a layer, or changing the composite op
in use.

for the work I do, it'd be most useful to cache screen resolution images
of each version and provide a quick way to scan through (and possibly
compare) them.  Given that I work on fairly high res images, this would
be a lot faster that regenerating the images...

Warren