Filter refactoring (Was: are selections part of kispaintdevice or aren't they?)

Cyrille Berger cberger at cberger.net
Sat Oct 6 19:54:59 CEST 2007

Btw, thinking about this. To limit the time spend on refactoring (yet again)
the filter. We need to make all the remaining changes in one go. (it's really
an ultra boring task, I know about what I am talking).

That means, the switch to the new progress report, that would allow us to
remove the protected fields of KisFilter and have process be a const
function, and probably be "thread-safe" (at least at the API level, then
nothing prevent a nasty filter author to use const_cast).

So the list would be:
 - integrate
 - all remaining fields of KisFilter moved to the d-pointer
 - constify KisFilter::process
 - the KisSelection change

Am I missing something ?

--