Brush spacing / rotate / scale

Valerie VK valerie_vk at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 14 10:17:16 CET 2007

Come to think about it, I don't think I've seen live updated path
strokes outside of vector programs either...

Still, I was curious as to what Matthew might have been referring
to, so I went to examine the Gimp path system again. I think he
is referring not to Live update, but to the ability to apply
strokes to Portions of the path before the full thing is finalized
and then deleted. Basically, in Gimp, I can do this sequence:
- make a path segment
- apply stroke (path still there)
- continue the path
- apply stroke (path still there)
- undo the last stroke and edit that one portion of the path if
the stroke came out wrong, then apply stroke again
- eventually, go back to previous portions of the path, though
obviously you can't undo early path strokes unless you delete
everything that came before

Maybe Matthew wants a command that allows you to apply a stroke
before finishing the path. Maybe hitting "space" or the likes to
allow him to apply a stroke on the go, while leaving the path
intact. This would also allow, as he had said, for a user to
"repeatedly stroke the same path." It sounds reasonable.
Matthew, can you confirm this is what you had in mind?