Mock-ups

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Mon Nov 12 20:25:40 CET 2007

On Monday 12 November 2007, Moritz Moeller wrote:
> The whole 'K' thing is the opposite of creative. I still remember when I
> used KDE for the first time years ago. It struck me as so uttely
> childish. Like a toddler's approach to branding. ;)
> Anything with the word "art" in it should be a taboo imho. Anyone who
> works professionally with such software knows it's rarely about art but
> much more about applied craft.
>
> To throw something in as well: 'Atelier' :)
> The French word for '(artist's) studio' used commonly throughout Europe
> to refer to such a locality.
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atelier

Eh... Atelier has also come up before. In fact, Inge Wallin (the KOffice
marketing man and kchart hacker) has grabbed that domain in case we want to
use it. But, well... It's got a 'k' in there. However, when given the choice
between Tempera (Suite) and (K)Atelier, I'd still go for Tempera. It's much
easier to pronounce for me when I have to give a presentation in English :-).