Initial project for GSoC

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Wed May 16 08:17:38 CEST 2007

On Tuesday 15 May 2007, Cyrille Berger wrote:

> did you have a look at the color mixel of corel painter ? (see
> http://www.amazon.com/Corel-Painter-IX-5-Painting-Illustration/dp/B00030CBX
>Q)
>
> You have a "painterly" tool for mixing the color, a spatula to push color,
> and color picker which is used to select the color.
> Instead of a color picker, using the same paintop on the palette and the
> real canvas might be better.

Corel Painter X has improved the color mixer a bit and now it's possible to
mix the color with your current brush and get your brush loaded at the same
time. I always thought that it should work that way -- so I considered the
mixer in CP < X broken.

The Krita color mixer should mix colors using the currently active paintop.
The footprint of the paintop & current brush should be used to select the
bled under the footprint, so complex loading of the brush becomes natural. I
wouldn't want to limit use of the mix colors to just one particular paintop.