New reason for XYZ

Kai-Uwe Behrmann ku.b at gmx.de
Wed Mar 7 12:09:04 CET 2007

Am 07.03.07, 11:01 +0100 schrieb Cyrille Berger:

> > > I am not sure I understand what you mean, but for a gradient I get this
> > > http://cyrille.diwi.org/tmp/krita/screenshot12.png.
> >
> > .. and a gray scale gradient?
> ah I see... But there is obviously something wrong, as if I draw my gradient
> in RGB8 then convert to XYZ16 I also have the blueish halo. It's more a
> problem from converting RGB8 to XYZ16 I think. But that's really curious, I
> would think XYZ to have less "problems" than any other colorspace...

The difficulty arrises by the usable points in the conversion LUT. As XYZ
is very huge, the used point in the transforming LUT to tell about the
right transistion are a few only. With fewer points less accuracy ...

To visualise look at the devicelink tables in ICC Examin.

regards
Kai-Uwe Behrmann
--
development for color management