QRegion

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Mon Jun 4 21:47:58 CEST 2007

On Monday 04 June 2007, Cyrille Berger wrote:
> On Monday 04 June 2007, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> > If I profile, btw, I get lots and lots and lots of hits for exactBounds()
> > -- we really need to figure out how to stop running four iterators to
> > find the exact bounds of a paintdevice.
>
> Maybe, using the dirty rect (region) as an hint ? I mean for each call to
> setDirty we get an idea of the extend. The problem is if the dirty rect is
> badly set and when pixels are made transparent.

I think, at Bensch suggestion, we once decided to take the result of
writeBytes() and the non-const iterators to cache the exact bounds of
KisPaintDevice. I'm not sure which suggestion is the best, or even if either
are any good. But it's a major opportunity for optimization :-).

I'll give both a try tonight.