Design issues (opengl, hdr, channels, pigment(?))

Schleimer, Ben bensch128 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 30 19:55:38 CET 2007

> hum, it's my turn to be unsure about the question :/
> Yes I prefer the bit
> array solution. I don't think enforcing it is a good
> idea. I don't see the
> use for a per channel configuration for a red eye
> removal filter, for
> instance.

It would be more general and useful in the long run to
have channel objects because there's alot of
algorithms which are channel specific. (eg. adjusting
the blue channel without modifying the others.) I
think the fact that gimp breaks all of it's images
down into channels is an indication that it is the
right thing to do.

It would be very useful to have iterators which can be
configured to iterate over a specific channel. Then it
would be possible to write strategy implementations
which don't need to know which channel is being
modified.

Cheers
Ben