Image manipulation using glsl

Michael Thaler michael.thaler at physik.tu-muenchen.de
Sun Jan 21 16:00:26 CET 2007

Hi,

I have written a small program that uses the OpenGL Shading Language for image
manipulation. Maybe someone is interested in it. The code is at:

http://users.physik.tu-muenchen.de/mthaler/code/image_manipulation.tar.gz

It uses Qt4 and you need a driver that supports OpenGL 2.0. The program is
very simple and lots of stuff does not work.

Currently you can load an image (but the width and height has to be a power of
2, e.g. 512 x 512 or 1024 x 512) and apply a given filter to the image.
Currently blur, gaussian blur, sharpen, mean removal, emboss laplacian and
emboss vertical/horizontal are available. Custom convolutions do not yet work
nor does saving the image. If you load a bigger image than the default one,
the main window doesn't currently get resized, but you can just do it by
hand.

Todo: use non power of two extension to allow arbitrary sized images and make
it possible to save the image. And of course tons of other stuff.

If someone wants to improve it a bit, it would be nice if you send me the
changes.

Greetings,
Michael