Reading Krita docubook files.

John R. Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Tue Aug 14 17:05:16 CEST 2007

There is some apparenty useful tutorials for Krita in the
directory  /usr/doc/HTML/en/krita
on my Slackware Linux system. Unfortunately I am not familar at all
with docbook and I can't find a way to translate these files into
something meaningful. I have tried docbook2html, docbook2rtf etc. but
all these utilities fail. I tried Context with
texexec index.docbook
but this run blew up on the & characters which are special in TeX.

What tool do you all use to translate these documents into something
usable?

Do these same tutorials exist elsewhere in a more usable form such as
rtf, html or pdf?  Here is a list:
commands-dialogs.docbook
commands-menus.docbook
commands-palettes.docbook