Icons location

Torsten Rahn torsten.rahn at credativ.de
Sun Sep 17 21:36:27 CEST 2006

On Sunday, 17. September 2006 21:26, krita at ronanzeegers.com wrote:
> I'm working on the new icons set for tomorrow (sorry, to much work to be
> ready sooner) and I'm using ubuntu with Koffice 1.6beta1.
>
> I notice that some toolbar icons are located here:
> usr/share/icons/crystalsvg/22x22/actions/
> and some others here:
> usr/share/apps/krita/pics/
>
> An other strange thing is the location of the tool icons:
> /usr/share/apps/krita/images ...

Yes, that sounds pretty strange to me as well.

If icons are meant to be specific to Krita then they should be in

/usr/share/apps/krita/icons

IIRC and if they are meant to be used by many other applications then they
should end up in

/usr/share/icons/ ...

This is specified correctly in the freedesktop.org icon theme spec. It's not a
matter of "I like this solution better".

Torsten