A really fat image view, or...

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Thu Oct 19 22:52:30 CEST 2006

Okay, I've checked in... This caused quite a hefty todo! There are a couple of
things I intend to fix when I'm on holiday next week in Egmond aan Zee, and
some things I hope to fix tomorrow and Saturday. And there are things I'm
congenitally incapable of implementing because they demand difficult
mathematics.

The primary problem is the viewconverter: this is tied together with units,
zooming and image resolution. I've just left this class empty, and I haven't
restored the necessary actions. It's a pretty self-contained thing, though.
I'm hoping for volunteers here... Note that we no longer need to mess with
scrollbars and resizing widgets, that happens almost automatically nowadays.

What I will do tomorrow and possibly Saturday is porting a couple of KisTools,
so it's clear what the differences and difficulties are. I hope to fix the
rest next week, in the evenings.

Then there's the porting of the changes in KisDoc (mostly OASIS related) that
happened since I forked KisDoc to KisDoc2.

The opengl canvas widget needs to be ported to the new opengl canvas widget
that I have intentionally left blank.

I removed all dockers and most of the actions inside KisView to be able to
come to grips with the new canvas structure. I have a feeling we should try
to keep KisView as small as possible, this time :-).

My priorities therefore are: implement tool-per-pointing-device & port the
tools. Anything else is up for grabs :-)