Repaint strategy for 2.0

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Tue May 23 21:22:15 CEST 2006

Anyone who's started Krita 2.0 will have noticed that we have to rethink our
repaint strategy for 2.0. We are no longer supposed to paint outside the
paint event, which we do in many places, because that's not OS X compatible.
And apparently simple cursor movements already trigger repaints.

Bright ideas? I was thinking of painting onto a QImage and having the canvas
widgets hold a reference to that -- but there must be a better way. And
perhaps we should take the jump and redesign the whole thing aroung the Qt4
way of doing?