Showstopper tablet bug for Krita 1.5

Bart Coppens kde at bartcoppens.be
Sat Mar 25 17:44:49 CET 2006

On Saturday 25 March 2006 17:17, Bart Coppens wrote:
> Reproduceable (approximately 1.5-rc1 code, but still trunk) as follows:
> Start krita. Select the Text tool (to add text on a layer). Click _with the
> tablet_ on the layer. Watch how krita first spawns LOTS of popups for the
> text, and then with that makes it unable to do anything in your current X
> session, basically.
Aha, this might be be a (bad? :P) clue to those knowledgeable enough of tablet
code:
So I wanted to get a backtrace of the hanging Krita. I ran it in a gdb, with
the intention of then killing it remotely, and getting a backtrace in the
process. But, if I ran it in gdb, it just spawned a LOT of dialogs (one time
13, another time 40 or so), but didn't hang. My suspicion was that Qt
automatically does -nograb when being run in gdb, but -dograb seemed to make
no difference. So I'm no step further, but maybe someone else gets an insight
with this?

Bart