From the crashing Krita department

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Wed Mar 22 22:29:57 CET 2006

On Wednesday 22 March 2006 22:26, Michael Thaler wrote:
> On Wednesday 22 March 2006 21:54, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> > svn up -r 521221 should do the trick.
>
> The crash still happens with that version.

Okay, so I didn't introduce a new problem today, that's good news :-).

> Do I get the current version of Krita back with svn up? How can you find
> out that svn up -r 521221 is the version from yesterday?

I looked in my commit messages folder and saw that the last commit done
yesterday was that revision.

> > Well, we worked quite hard on making Krita a lot more stable. Any
> > crashes, please a backtrace! Pity you couldn't have managed to do these
> > reports a week earlier. We're in release candidate mode now :-(
>
> What does this actually mean?

No changes that may impact stability in any way. Preferably no gui changes,
because the handbooks have their screenshots already made. Just the fixing
of serious bugs.

> I changed the dropshadow dialog a bit today,
> is that ok? (No new strings, just made the dialog nicer and changed opacity
> from U_INT8 to use percent).
>
> I also thought about adding things like ESC to abort the multiline and
> polygon tool. Is that o.k.?

Better wait until I've branched. I'll be doing that tomorrow, and Friday
trunk should be ready for wild commits, 1.6 should be the branch with feature
commits and polish (which need forward ported to trunk!) and 1.5 is still
bugfix only.

> (I was quite busy at university, I had to write applications and I had a
> job interview in Madrid for which I had to prepare. So there really was not
> much time for Krita. But I did not give up:-))

No problem -- glad to see you now and then.