Blending two photos together.

Bart Coppens kde at bartcoppens.be
Sun Mar 12 01:58:32 CET 2006

On Sunday 12 March 2006 01:24, John R. Culleton wrote:
> A frequent task is to take two photos and blend/stitch them
> together along a path, either straight or curved. I am hoping that
> Krita has such a facility.
>
> Would some kind soul walk me through an example?
Hmmm, as far as I know we don't have this as a specific tool :-( People really
should file wishlist things like this BEFORE a freeze ;-)
Anyway, I played around a bit, and I think the following approximates a blend
along a straight path quite nicely (no idea about a curved one, maybe a good
idea for Cyrille to make a tool plug-in for this?):
* Open one of the pictures you want to blend
* Add a group layer
* Add the second picture, and add to the group layer
* Add an empty layer, underneath the second picture in the group layer
* Create a custom gradient, going from black, 0% opacity - to white 100%
opacity
* Apply the gradient along the line you want to blend the 2 pictures, on the
empty layer
* Set the composite mode of the second picture layer to 'multiply'
* Done :-)
(The layerbox should look a bit like this:
http://www.bartcoppens.be/krita-blend.png)

Bart