Q_UINT8 and Pixel

Bart Coppens kde at bartcoppens.be
Fri Mar 10 16:37:40 CET 2006

On Friday 10 March 2006 16:28, Leonardo Giordani wrote:
> Why are we using Q_UINT8 * externally, casting it to Pixel * inside?
> Asked in a better way: why are we using Q_UINT8 instead of Pixel?
We do that because Krita itself doesn't know about that (or any) kind of
Pixel. All it knows about is raw, uninterpreted data, which it sees as a big
Q_UINT8 array. Krita's core really doesn't (need to) care about what the
individual colorspaces do with it. It is up to the colorspaces to cast the
data Krita gives to them, to actual things they know about, like in this
case, a Pixel.