Interesting article

Sander Koning sanderkoning at kde.nl
Tue Mar 7 12:24:23 CET 2006

Boudewijn Rempt wrote on 2006-03-07 12:02 +0100 regarding Interesting article:

> http://www.visgraf.impa.br/Data/RefBib/PS_PDF/rita-lvelho-02/rita-lvelho.pdf
> uses wavelets to achieve that. Cool read, but a bit maths-heavy. But given
> that we've got a wavelets fan in our midst...

Cool indeed, and a good read.
One of the authors, Ken Perlin, is well known for the noise functions named
after him (the Perlin maps), which are used to model natural-looking randomness.
He's quite the math-and-graphics guru :)

Cheers,
--
Sander Koning                       |   sanderkoning - at - kde -.- nl
Documentation coordinator, KDE-NL   |   http://www.kde.nl/