Kritacolor library re-licensing

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Wed Jun 21 14:11:28 CEST 2006

On Wednesday 21 June 2006 14:10, Clarence Dang wrote:
> On Friday 16 June 2006 21:32, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:

> > Small to non-existent. I prefer GPL above LGPL myself -- this relicensing
> > is just to conform to KOffice rules, not out of any real desire to do so
> > on my part. And I'm not the only GPL zealot in Krita's team :-)
>
> Sorry, I mean the graphics library part of Krita, not the application.
> Would there be any chance of relicensing that?

Yes, I understood that -- it's quite unlikely. The colorspace code is written
by a relatively small number of people, the image library code has had a
larger number of contributions, making it harder. And, I'm not a fan of lgpl
even for libraries myself. Cyrille is, Bart isn't -- the positions are
divided.

What we could do is add an exception clause for Kolourpaint, I think nobody
would object to that.