Kritacolor library re-licensing

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Fri Jun 9 14:13:28 CEST 2006

Hi All,

The kritacolor library and some of the associated plugins are now licensed
under the GPL. We really want to provide this functionality for all of
KOffice 2.0, and for that, we need to relicense to LGPL. I'm hereby
officially asking for the consent of all the people who have their bit of
code in these files for doing so.

To make things a bit cleared: the old krita/core/colorspace_strategy/* classes
(if I remember the path correctly) were moved into a separate library for
Krita 1.5. All individual colorspaces except for alpha and lab were then
moved to separate plugins. Specifically, I want to move to LGPL:

krita/kritacolor/*
krita/kritacolor/colorspaces/* (lab, alpha, xyz)
krita/colorspaces/rgb{u8|u16|f16half|f32
krita/colorspaces/cmyk{u8|u16}
krita/colorspaces/gray{u8|u16}

Cyrille Berger should decide about the lms_f32, ycbcr_u16 and ycbcr_u8
colorspaces.

The wet and wetsticky colorspaces will remain GPL, because they are derived
from external GPL code.