Target Users for Krita

Thomas Zander zander at kde.org
Thu Jul 20 22:24:58 CEST 2006

Thanks Casper for proposing a set of personas :)

For the ones that missed the discussion; I asked casper to do this as it
was not possible for me to comment on a design because various people
disagreed on the target user. Who we were designing for. And you can't
make a good application without knowing who is going to use it.

Quick intro; [1]
 "Personas are fictitious users that represent the needs of a larger group
of users regarding the goals and personal characteristics they have. They
are used as a substitute for real users, helping to make decisions about
the design of an application. Personas help you to keep the focus on real
users and their goals instead of thinking only in terms of the fuzzy
ghost of the "average user" (who doesn't really exist)."

I would like all krita developers to give their opinion and everyone to
come to an agreement on these so we can base future decisions on these
personas and avoid hand waving and personal opinions. :)

Note that personas can be reviewed and tweaked all the time (which may
mean some gui changes) so don't feel like you need to finish it this
month.

On Thursday 20 July 2006 21:04, Casper Boemann wrote:
> On request from Thomas I've written down a list of target users for
> Krita. The attached list is what I've always had in mind, but as Thomas
> suggested it might be stupid of me to assume that we agree when nothing
> has really been written down.

1) Please read these blogs as they are an excellent resource IMOHO.
http://tina-t.blogspot.com/2005/06/personas-part-1.html
http://tina-t.blogspot.com/2005/06/personas-part-2.html
http://www.uni-koblenz.de/~trilliti/akademy05/personas.pdf
--