color profile aware color adjustment

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Sat Jan 7 20:27:20 CET 2006

On Saturday 07 January 2006 19:16, Larry Marso wrote:
> Some progress has been made.

Yes! :-)

> Krita grasps profile changes done by Image->Convert Image Type, and
> presents you with the correct channels in Filter->Adjust->Color
> Adjustment.
>
> Working in LAB space, you seem to be able to make changes specifically
> to the "Lightness" channel!  However, if you merely select channel A
> or B for Color Adjustment, krita crashes.

We basically still need to implement A and B -- it's on the todo for 1.5, and
either I figure out how to do it, or Casper fixes it in two shakes.

> Working in CMYK, attempting to modify alternative channels doesn't
> crash krita.  But the attempt in any channel leaves you with a blank
> image (with the checkerbox only left on display).

Probably a bug -- but one that's not on the todo, I think. It should be on the
list.

> Meanwhile, may I ask, if you've created multiple points along the
> curve, how do you eliminate one of them without starting over?  In
> cinepaint, you'd merely drag the point outside a feasible range.  In
> krita, you can drag to the edge of a feasible range, but you hit the
> wall the the point remains.

Hover over the knot and press the delete key. Zut, that should go in the
manual, too. Sander?