preview and birdseye

Cyrille Berger cberger at cberger.net
Wed Jan 4 21:21:37 CET 2006

> > it won't work at all for auto contrast, wavelet noise reduction... and
> > all filters that need the whole image to compute a parameter to then
> > apply a modifiction to each pixel.
>
> But this is true for your suggestion as well
yeah, but at least you have more information. Wavelets over a 10 square pixels
is useless, whereas with 100 you get a result.

> > And I still fail to see how this can be faster, maybe more accurate for
> > the "oil painter", I still don't see how it can be faster than reducing
> > the image, and then applying the filter.
>
> Well that is same thing, so naturally the speed will be the same ;)
>
> Only difference is that my suggestion does things like raindrops correctly
> while yours would not - But that comes at a price of slower calculation
then we agree :) but then it means we need to have two methods to compute the
preview, as I don't really see how to do yours, I will do mine, and if you
want to add yours : feel free :)

--
--- Cyrille Berger ---