Exposure

Adrian Page adrian at pagenet.plus.com
Sat Feb 25 13:44:18 CET 2006

Cyrille Berger wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I was investigating why LMS isn't correctly rendered on the screen. (and RGB
> 32float isn't better).
>
> And I figured out it was a problem with the use of exposure and gamma. But
> when trying to fix that, I noticed that KisAbstractColorspace and
> KisRgbColorSpace didn't take exposure into account, so I am a bit lost. If
> someone can help me.

The exposure setting is only relevant to the 16-bit amd 32-bit floating
point colour spaces, and the gamma correction they do too. They assume
the pixel data is in linear rgb space with high dynamic range, which is
the case for OpenEXR images. I don't know anything about the LMS colour
space, but I would think you just need to ignore the exposure and the
gamma correction.

Adrian