Fwd: hy i made this couse i had to make a somthing :)

tackat at t-online.de tackat at t-online.de
Thu Feb 23 17:58:14 CET 2006

> hello :) its Nuno not Nino :)

Sorry, "u" and "i" are closely located together on my keyboard, hence
the typo.

> professional high-quality paint tool
> infinite creativity
> reliability and precision
>
> im sory but they are almost impossible to say in an icon, you can do
> one maybe 2 concept 3 is totaly impossoble has those concepts are very
> vage.

I know that it's hard to accomplish all of those but it's always
challenging to aim for what might seem impossible at first.

> an logo might manage that but an icon i have serius doubts.

Yes,
for a logo it would be easier to manage of cours
> and the crystal look is not very associated with precision, couse it
> tryes to not have sharp angles, i could try to remove the ink out of
> the drawing and repace it by a 3d grid but im sure that will not work

No, a 3D grid would surely kill the creativity aspect completely. I
thought about something more suble. Photoshop e.g. had a nice splash
screen which showed a lense or a filter which subtly associated the
application to concepts like "imaging", "eyes", "precision" (by the
scale which surrounded it), "photography" and a lot less so creativity.

> brush we nead a new metaphore and lots of branding efort so people
> recognise the logo/icon maybe a crayon? but agin not very associated
> with precision. i leave this idea for you guys what object describe
> krita beter?

Yes, I agree that we need a new metaphore here.

Torsten