Cryptic strings in krita.po

Cyrille Berger cberger at cberger.net
Sat Feb 11 11:22:17 CET 2006

> As Dutch team we have decided not to translate them (for now, I can't
> foresee how it will be in the future). This because you need the original
> English strings to use them in scripting, and for users about the only
> reasonable way to find these out is by looking the name up in the program.
>
> The same holds for palettes and gradients, so if this remains so, perhaps
> we should not have these translatable at all... Or are there translation
> teams that really do want to translate these names? (I can imagine there
> are.)

ah :( sorry about that, I didn't think about the translators when I wrote that
bit of documentation of krita, my shame :( Anyway, in the future, krita will
have a specific dialog for scripter to have access to the name of the
ressource. So the solution for 1.5 will be no translation for those items,
and for the next version, the translation teams will decide if it is worth to
translate them or not.

--
--- Cyrille Berger ---