Real (not as buggy) indirect painting

Bart Coppens kde at bartcoppens.be
Sat Aug 26 23:37:00 CEST 2006

On Saturday 26 August 2006 20:50, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> I don't know... I definitely don't like to burden paint layers with this
> stuff, but if it works... The old code was even harder to understand.
Yeah, I agree. But my other idea, doing it inside the paint device, was just
putting the burden somewhere else (and more illogically placed). And yes, the
old code was even weirder, with the manual adding of layers and all.
> still think we're missing something here -- we're still not doing what Raph
> Levien describes, and what I think is correct.
I'll have another look at Raph's explanation when we'll look at it for 2.0,
then.
> But by all means, lets try
> this know, and try to come up with something clean & correct for 2.0.
Ok.

Bart