new icones

Thomas Zander zander at kde.org
Sun Aug 20 19:24:40 CEST 2006

On Sunday 20 August 2006 19:03, Cyrille Berger wrote:
> Sorry I didn't answer your private mail ;) but I was kind of busy
> lately. I like them :) I was wondering if you would be willing to work
> on icons for other application of koffice. Sander Koning is trying to
> launch an effort to get "common" (look...) icons among koffice
> application.

Clarifying this; in KOffice 2.0 and KDE4 the new default iconset is
oxygen. Which is being created by the KDE artists. They surely can use
any and all help they can get.

I think that this example has potential, but we should never loose sight
of the integration into Oxygen. Which means to have svg icons as well as
to reuse things like the 'filenew'/'print'/'save' icons from kde.

I should point out that integration with Oxygen is not a 'must', there is
certainly room for a extra icon set.

See also; http://www.oxygen-icons.org

ps. Switching logos is not a great idea, however. The current one good and
replacing it will lead to loss of brand recognition.
--
Thomas Zander