Merging profiles into colorspaces

Casper Boemann cbr at boemann.dk
Sun Sep 18 14:23:38 CEST 2005

On Sunday 18 September 2005 14:06, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> On Sunday 18 September 2005 13:33, Casper Boemann wrote:
> > Some things are still diabled though. Colorspaces are always created with
> > no profile. I need to reprogram the registry to allow that.
>
> But no doubt you'll manage to do that before committing :-).
yep and on irc i outlined my idea:

[13:47] <boemann> a list of cs+profile to fetch from when making a new image
or layer
[13:48] <boemann> and a list of profile compatible with each cs for the gui to
show
[13:48] <boemann> and a list of cs also for the gui
[13:48] <boemann> the latter being only the colormodel kisid
[13:49] <boemann> the gui would show all colormodels and populate the combobox
with the compatible profiles
[13:50] <boemann> then when the user clicks ok the combination is handed to
the registry to get an actual instance
[13:50] <boemann> how does that sound
[13:50] <BCoppens> sounds good to me
[13:51] <BCoppens> but why would you have a seperate list of cs+profile then?
[13:51] <BCoppens> if you can get a list of cs, and a list of profile for each
cs, you can easily manually combine them, right?
[13:52] <boemann> only internally. it's a list of instances
[13:52] <boemann> if the combination doesn't exist the registry creates first
and adds it to the list
[13:52] <BCoppens> ah ok that way
[13:53] <boemann> that way only one instance per combination exists
[13:53] <BCoppens> then I'd suggest using a kind of map structure rather than
a list
[13:53] <boemann> sure

--
best regards / venlig hilsen